Young Artist Competition
The Angel City Jazz Young Artist Competition is an avenue for young jazz musicians in the Los Angeles area to create and collaborate with one another in an effort to expand upon the traditional concepts of jazz and improvisation. The competition gives young musicians the opportunity to have their original music heard and evaluated by working jazz professionals.
This competition is open to all high-school and college-aged student jazz ensembles in the greater Los Angeles Area.
In order to qualify for the competition ensembles must:
- be composed of musicians between the ages of 16 and 24 years old. Age restrictions apply at the time of the submission.
- consist of between 3 and 10 members.
- compose, arrange and perform original music which features improvisation.
- not have won the competition in the past 3 years. Ensembles that have reached the finals of our competition in the past are allowed to enter the competition again.
- be available to perform at the finals on on TBD if selected as a finalist
- be available to perform at TBD if selected as the winning ensemble
2022 Competition is Cancelled
We’re in the process of restructuring our Young Artist Competition to improve its impact and efficiency. Stay tuned!
Past Competition Winners
Trevor Zemtseff and Company
Will Kjeer Trio
Sean Harrison Kairos